PAA Membership Show Details
Placerville Arts Association
MEMBERSHIP SHOW RULES AND DETAILS
Spring Show April 4 - 8, 2022
Entry forms may be picked up in advance at the general membership meetings, included in newsletter the month previous to the show, and also available on the website.
Deliver art work to the El Dorado County Government Center, 360 Fair Lane, Placerville,
on Monday (first day of the show) between 7:45 am and 9:30 am. NO ART WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 9:30 AM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Artists must pick up their unsold pieces on Friday between 4:30 - 5:00 pm
- Artwork depicting nudes is not acceptable at the Government Center.
- Artwork must have been created in the prior 3 years.
- Artwork must not have been previously exhibited in a PAA membership show at the Government Center.
- Frames are required to have wire hangers (wire taped at the ends).
- A total of 4 items may be entered by each member.
- Compositions must be original in concept. Work that infringes on copyright law is not eligible.
Entry fees: $8.00 each
Sales: Artists establish the sale price on their items. You may enter one “Not for Sale” piece.
A commission of 25% will be retained by PAA for paintings sold during the show.
Categories: Landscape/Seascape, Floral/Still-Life, Portrait/People, Animals,
Photography, Abstract/Experimental, 3-D
Awards: Monetary awards will be given: $25 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place, $10 for 3rd place, and $50 for Best of Show. Ribbon awards will be given for “Honorable Mention” and “People’s Choice.”
Show Staffing: Members entering art in the show will be required to staff the show for
a 3 hour period during the week of the show. If unable to sit, choose one of the following:
1. Get a friend to sit for you
2. Help with registration and set-up of the show on Monday
3. Sign up to sit for another upcoming art event
Awards Reception: is held at 4:00pm on Friday (closing day of the show).
Sign Out: You must sign out your art work. You may sign it out before the reception starting at 3:30pm, but not remove it until after 4:00. Many people wish to view the show until it closes after the reception. Please pick up your art following the reception between 4 and 5 pm.
If you cannot pick up your artwork at this time, specify an alternate person to pick up your artwork when you sign in on Monday, or call Julia (530) 295-1220, to make other arrangements. Artwork cannot be left at the center.
Info: Julia Swain, Membership Show Coordinator (530) 295-1220